SARS-CoV-2 aptamers are S-Protein specific and may be a specific therapeutic agent for COVID-19 therapy
Development of Therapeutic Neutralizing DNA Aptamers Against SARS-CoV-2
Aptamers are RNA or DNA oligonucleotides (or peptides) that, through their 3-dimensional structures, bind to specific target molecules with high affinity and specificity. Aptamers are generated fast and applied in the inhibition, characterization of proteins, and specific detection.
Our Aptamers are S-Protein Specific and may be a Specific Therapeutic Agent for COVID-19 therapy.
Our Aptamers not only neutralize the SAR-CoV-2 Wild Type strain, but also neutralize alternate strains of SAR-COV-2: Delta, Mu, Delta+, Omicron, etc.
Our Aptamers specifically block the uptake of Pseudo-SAR-CoV-2 VLP by lung cells in vivo mouse model.
AYA’s Aptamers: A Promising Therapy for SARS-CoV-2 Disease
The Aptamers discovered by Ayass BioScience, LLC are able to inhibit the binding of SARS-CoV-2 virus to its receptor, and can, by inhibiting viral uptake and subsequent replication, be used in targeted COVID-19 therapy applications.
Aptamers offer several advantages over protein antibodies in both their clinical applicability and their less challenging synthetic process.
- Our Aptamers can penetrate tissues faster and more efficiently due to their small size.
- Our Aptamers are non-immunogenic
- Our Aptamers are thermally stable.
- Our Aptamers can be rapidly synthesized in large quantities at a low production cost.
- Our Aptamers in pre-clinical mouse studies demonstrate:
- Aptamers specifically neutralize SARS-CoV-2 VLP uptake by lung cells of hACE-2 transgenic mice in vivo.
- No histopathologic abnormalities in lung, heart, brain, kidneys,liver, spleen, lymph nodes.
- No immunotoxic response in lung
- No loss of mice body weight.
- Aptamers traced up to 48 hours in mice various tissues.